HyperSep SLE Cartridges and Plates Solid supported liquid/liquid extraction (SLE) is a fast and effective sample preparation technique that provides considerable benefits over liquid-liquid extraction (LLE) protocols for removal of phospholipids from biological samples.
SLE offers the following advantages:
• Greater reproducibility and recoveries compared to LLE techniques
• Prevents emulsification often associated with LLE
• Reduced solvent requirements compared to LLE
• Can be completely automated unlike LLE
• Improved cleanliness of sample extract compared to protein precipitation techniques
• Improved sensitivity compared to protein precipitation techniques